October is Canadian Library Month and, to celebrate, the Mission Library is inviting the public to visit the library and try out some of the 10 best things to do at the library. The list includes:
1. Pick up a Grab and Go bag and take home a selection of books in your favourite genre.
2. Borrow a DVD.
3. Enjoy stories and rhymes at one of the popular storytime events.
4. Join the Lego Club and Lego Challenge programs and see your creations on display at the library.
5. Book-A-Librarian and get one-on-one help with research or technology.
6. Relax with a newspaper or magazine in the Magazine Lounge.
7. Get stitching with the popular Knitting Club every Wednesday.
8. Try out an alternative reading format – large print, MP3, CD books, play-aways, and more.
9. Have fun at the colouring stations for both children and adults.
10. Use the free WiFi.
More information can be found at www.fvrl.bc.ca. The Mission Library is open seven days a week and located at 33247 Second Ave. For more information, call 604 826-6610.