- 2015 Federal Election
DJ AM death ruled an accidental overdose
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The death of celebrity disc jockey DJ AM was caused by an accidental drug overdose, and eight different substances were found in his body, the New York City Medical Examiner's office said on Tuesday.
The 36-year-old disc jockey, whose real name was Adam Goldstein, died last month from a lethal cocktail of cocaine, cold medicine and prescription drugs, it said.
A toxicology report found traces of the drugs used in the painkillers OxyContin and Vicodin and sedatives Ativan, Klonopin and Xanax. It also found levamisole, a cancer treatment drug that is also used to cut cocaine.
Goldstein's music appeared on the albums of artists, including Madonna and Will Smith. He survived a plane crash with Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker in 2008 and was once engaged to reality TV star Nicole Richie.
His death was ruled an accident and police have said no foul play was suspected.
(Reporting by Martinne Geller; editing by Paul Simao)