News

Fire damages Starling Avenue home in Mission

Mission firefighters plan strategy at a house fire Friday morning on Starling Avenue. - Jason Roessle photo
Mission firefighters plan strategy at a house fire Friday morning on Starling Avenue.
— image credit: Jason Roessle photo

Mission Fire/Rescue Service was called to a Starling Avenue home just after 7:30 a.m. Friday and arrived to see dark gray smoke billowing from the windows of the residence.

Fire investigators were not able to determine an ignition source, according to Asst. Chief Larry Watkinson, however the fire was caused when “explosive vapours” caught fire. The blaze was contained to the basement. Mission RCMP were called to the house but did not provide details by press time.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

CRMG issues challenge to candidates
 
Trustee candidates talk about education in Mission
 
VIDEO: Witnesses describe scene at Parliament Hill; Raw footage of Ottawa shootings
Poll finds Lower Mainland voters ready to shake up city halls
 
Fraser Health scales down mobile flu shot clinics
 
Police seek help in search for missing Langley man
Plywood homeless cabins dismantled by city
 
Police say large election signs might have been factor in pedestrian collision
 
ELECTION 2014: Tax plan draws opinions at Richmond forum

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 24 edition online now. Browse the archives.