News

Dewdney Trunk Road home damaged

  - Record file image
— image credit: Record file image

A fire that broke out in a house Monday is likely accidental, according to Mission Fire/Rescue Service Asst. Chief Rob Collins.

Flames were shooting from the second storey when firefighters arrived just after 8:30 p.m. to the home, located in the 33000 block of Dewdney Trunk Road.

"Firefighters kept the damage to the second floor," said Collins. The fire broke out in the upstairs room, and did spread to the roof structure. There was water and smoke damage throughout the home, and the residents were relocated to a hotel through the municipality's emergency social services program.

The investigation is continuing, but Collins said the fire was probably accidental.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Human Rights Tribunal rejects smart meter complaint
 
Teachers vote on contract
 
Officials gather for grand opening of The Residence
Outlaws play home opener Saturday
 
BCTF executive recommends six-year teacher deal (VIDEO)
 
Photos show gruesome Islamic State seizure of base
Short-circuit suspected in Langley City fire
 
Paul Albrecht seeks seat on Langley City council
 
Woman escapes flames at her Langley City triplex

Community Events, September 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Sep 12 edition online now. Browse the archives.