- Mission 125
Two records broken at MRP
Two racing records were broken this past weekend during the Canadian National Open and the Smoke, Fire and Thunder events at Mission Raceway Park.
Washington State's Kris Krabill set a new speed record with his Nostalgia Funny Car, hitting 255.60 mph, and Richard Smith set a new Jet Funny Car ET at 5.70 seconds.
Winners in each category are as follows:
• Nitro Funny Car - Devery Howard with a time of 5.798 seconds at 235.97 mph
• Rocky Mountain Funny Car - Brent Murray, 6.868 at 205.05 mph
• Pro Street - Jay Syvertsen, 7.889 at 187.89 mhp
• Open Comp - Brad Powell
• Top Comp - Graham Foster
• Stock/Superstock Combo - Shawn Blair
• Super Comp - Ed Hauter
• Super Gas - Glenn Iggulden
• Super Street - Martin Rachel
• Super Pro - Al Quigley
• Pro ET - Ryan Warter
• Sportsman - John Tabak
• Sportsman Motorcycle - Brett Paune
• Jr. Lightning - Emily Lewis
• Jr. Thunder - Kyle Skonsberg
The next big racing event happens Sept. 5-7 as Mission Raceway Park hosts the Lordco NHRA BC Nationals.
For more information visit missionraceway.com.