The producers of CBC’s hit show Dragons’ Den are looking for Canadian companies to participate in the second season of the reality business show The Big Decision.
Canada’s top investors are on a mission: to spend their time and money to turn around struggling Canadian companies. These wealthy investors have founded companies worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Now, they will roll up their sleeves and visit the factories, shops, and offices of Canadian companies in need — providing expert business advice and a possible financial investment.
CBC is sending out the call to business owners who would like to participate in the second season of this show. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to partner with a Dragon and receive national exposure for your company.
What type of companies can apply?
• Must have been in operation for at least three to five years, or more;
• gross revenue of at least $500,000 per year;
• more than five employees;
• privately held businesses, family businesses, partnerships, limited partnerships;
• must be willing to commit to being filmed on camera for up to a two-week period;
• a business registered in Canada, and;
• fluent English speakers.
Here’s what our past participants have to say about their experiences on the show:
“The benefits of the insights into your business and the opportunities presented are large and worthwhile.”
Jennifer Williams, CEO, Camino.
“People keep coming by to see us because of ‘The Big Decision.’ The show gave us great exposure and we’re so happy to have participated.”
Karen King, co-owner, The Ice House.
To apply, visit cbc.ca/thebigdecision to complete an application. Applications close June 8, 2012.