Mission’s business community, shined their shoes, put on their best clothes and honoured their own last Thursday night as the 2015 Business Excellence Awards took place at the Stage.
More than 80 local companies were nominated in five award categories.
Emcees Curtis Pope of Country 107.1, and Kristal Barrett-Stuart of the Sparkle Project kept the crowd entertained as it enjoyed canapes, cocktails and live entertainment.
Of course, the biggest hit of the night were the award announcements. This year’s recipients were:
- Big Bang Award – Vancity Credit Union
- Power of Small Award – Sweet Spot Café
- Community Builder Award – Mission Farmers Market
- Local Focus Award – Trendy or What Knot Yarns & Gifts
- Customer First – Lanka Jewels
A sixth award, the Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce President’s Award for Lifetime Achievement went to Carlo Billinger of Rex Cox Men’s Wear.
For more on the awards, watch for a special section coming out in the Mission Record.