The Mission Downtown Business Association held its 2022 Annual General Meeting on Wednesday (July 27) at the Copper Hall.
“It was a pleasure to connect with members and enjoy an evening together as we reviewed the past year and looked forward to exciting projects planned for the coming year, which include new signage, improved crosswalks, and public art,” said Miriam Bozman, executive director of the association.
Members were encouraged to get involved with DBA committees, which provides an opportunity to address issues and get them resolved at the ground floor, as well as bring new and fun ideas to the table.
A vote was held regarding board nominations.
The new and returning board members for 2022/2023 include:
- Rocky Blondin, Independent Cycles
- Aaron Brisebois, Pressland General
- Manny Deol, Royal LePage
- Jonathan Fowler, Jonathan Fowler Law Corp.
- Sherry Grewal, 24 Hr Save N’ Shop
- Carla Kennedy, Canada Post
- Bob Mackovic, The Gold Bin
- Lucas McKinnon, Rex Cox
- Dave Perritt, Grab A Java
- Michael Roux, Woodlawn Funeral Home
- Gemma Quiring, Goody Too Shoes
- Chris Woods, HUBCo Brewing
Special thanks were extended to outgoing board members for their dedicated service.
The DBA thanked Ocean Pizza Planet, The Penny, and Copper Hall for their help before and during the AGM, as well as Dawn Espezel for her bookkeeping talents through the year, and Angela Inglis from Vohora Accounting for preparing this year’s financial statements.
For more information about the DBA, contact Bozman, at email@example.com.