Mission Automotive’s Asvind Mani was named young entrepreneur of the year Friday night at the Mission Business Excellence Awards, along with several other local business standouts.
Hosted by the Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce in the Best Western ballroom, the sold-out gala was attended by a who’s who of the local business community.
After a delicious buffet by Rockwell’s Bar and Grill, MC Lisa Stevens of Star FM’s morning show helped usher in the recipients of the eight award categories.
Following the awards, the revelry continued into the night to the jazz musings of the Al Forman Trio.
Here are this year’s winners:
• Home based business of the year: Iron Lotus Yoga
• Young entrepreneur of the year: Asvind Mani, Mission Automotive
• Non-profit of the year award: Mission Hospice Society
• Entrepreneurial excellence award: Blackberry Kitchen (Kela Cuisine Inc.)
• Customer experience award: Blackberry Kitchen (Kela Cuisine Inc.)
• Business leader of the year: Carol and Lloyd Davies, Davies Sand & Gravel
• Business of the year with less than 15 employees (two winners): Sue’s Copy Place and World Odyssey Travel
• Business of the year with more than 15 employees: Fraser Valley Building Supplies