Nominations close April 30 for the 2013 Business Excellence Awards.
This year the Mission Chamber of Commerce has renewed the awards as part of its 120th celebrations.
With five new awards, the event celebrates the best and brightest businesses in Mission. Anyone can nominate a business or community organization that they feel meets the criteria of the awards.
• Intrapreneurial Excellence – successful longstanding business
• Power of Small – Emergent entrepreneur
• Local Focus – The name says it all
• Customer First – Their service is above and beyond
• Community builder – A community organization that strives to make a difference for all.
“I am excited about the new awards and how they reflect our community,” said Sean Melia, chamber president. “With the change of the event to June 8 and the updated judging process time is tight, so I encourage everyone to nominate a star performer today.
The new judging process includes online voting for nominees, clearer criteria and top three judging visits. The gala that will recognize recipients will be held on Saturday, June 8.
Nominations will be accepted until midnight on April 30. Submission is a quick process that can be done online at www.MissionChamber.bc.ca or can be submitted in person to the chamber office at 34033 Lougheed Hwy.