The Mission Downtown Business Association is presenting its second annual banner design competition.
Local artist or anyone with a great idea are invited to enter and submit a design (photographic, digital, artwork etc.) This year’s theme is community.
Last year’s winner, local artist Nico Abais, chose nature as the theme and created the banner called “Naturally Mission.”
Here are some rules and guidelines for this year’s event:
• Submissions will be accepted until Oct. 1, 2020.
• Only one entry per contestant.
• Identification including name, mailing address, email and phone number must be included with submission for consideration.
• All submissions must include or reflect elements of the chosen category.
• Only original designs – nothing previously published.
• The Mission Downtown Business Association logo will be added to the artwork at the time of fabrication. Please keep that in mind when creating.
• All design entries must be vertically orientated.
• Visual area of each banner is 30” by 60”
• Use of words, letters and numbers is discouraged but may be included if they are related to the theme of the banner artwork.
• Photographs of people are discouraged unless identities are discernible & a completed waiver form is submitted with entry.
• When submitting photographic images for judging, provide files in JPG or PDF only.
For more information, contact:
Joanna McBride executive director of the Mission Downtown Business Association at 604-302-7644 or at email@example.com.