Numerous agencies have stepped forward to co-ordinate support for Abbotsford flood victims, and there are several ways the public can help.
These include the Abbotsford Disaster Relief Fund organized by the Abbotsford Community Foundation, the Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce and University of the Fraser Valley at abbotsfordcf.org/grants/disaster.
Donations can also be made through:
• the BC Agriculture Council at bcac.ca
• the Canadian Red Cross at redcross.ca - all donations to the Red Cross are being matched
• the United Way BC Flood Response Fund at donate.uwbc.ca/flood
• the Salvation Army BC Flood Response at salvationarmy.ca/BCFlood or call 1-800-725-2769
• Mennonite Central Committee at donate.mcccanada.ca/registry/bc-flood-response-2021 or call 604-850-6639
• Mennonite Disaster Service at mds.mennonite.net/donate/canada-donation-form
• Samaritan’s Purse at samaritanspurse.ca
• Archway Community Services Food Bank at archway.ca/donate/flood
Archway is also accepting donations of non-perishable food at its main building at at 2420 Montrose Ave. and at the food bank at 33914 Essendene Ave. Visit archway.ca for a list of the most-needed items.
Bibles for Missions at 2337 West Railway St. is accepting clothing donations Wednesday to Saturday from 10 a.m. until capacity is reached. Call 604-854-6682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.