Fire damages Starling Avenue home in Mission

Mission firefighters plan strategy at a house fire Friday morning on Starling Avenue.

Mission firefighters plan strategy at a house fire Friday morning on Starling Avenue.

Mission Fire/Rescue Service was called to a Starling Avenue home just after 7:30 a.m. Friday and arrived to see dark gray smoke billowing from the windows of the residence.

Fire investigators were not able to determine an ignition source, according to Asst. Chief Larry Watkinson, however the fire was caused when “explosive vapours” caught fire. The blaze was contained to the basement. Mission RCMP were called to the house but did not provide details by press time.

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in you inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up
Pop-up banner image