Trick-or-treaters became sick after eating pot brownie

The young people accepted a brownie treat from others during Halloween.

Three Mission youths and their parents got quite a scare on Halloween, but not the lighthearted kind.

A young man who had eaten a brownie treat called the RCMP to say he was feeling “messed up.”

Mounties responded to a field off Prentis Avenue where they found this young man and a young woman confused and vomiting. A third young man was seen running from the field.

Police were able to determine that these youth had been trick-or-treating with a group of people and had eaten this brownie treat, suspected to contain drugs.

Emergency Health Services transported the youth to hospital while, with the assistance of the police dog service, members searched for the third young man, who was later located in a nearby field and transported to Mission Memorial Hospital.

“Halloween should be a fun time for all trick-or-treaters, however, this was a prank that went wrong and it could have had devastating effects,” said Mission RCMP spokesperson Cpl. Sharon Siluch.

“We spend a great deal of time in the schools educating students on making wise choices and anything that deals with drugs, such as in this prank, had serious consequences.”

The three youths are all doing well and the public is encouraged to contact Mission RCMP at (604) 826 – 7161 should they have any information related to this matter.