The 2011 municipal elections will happen Nov. 19 and voting takes place between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Mission voters elect a mayor, six councillors and four school trustees. The following voting places will be open for qualified residents and non-resident property electors of the District of Mission.
• Albert McMahon Elementary School, 32865 Cherry Ave.
• West Heights Elementary School, 32065 Van Velzen Ave.
• Hatzic Secondary School, 34800 Dewdney Trunk Rd.
• Mission Central Elementary School, 7466 Welton St.
• Silverdale Elementary School, 39715 Donatelli St.
• Fire Hall #2, 30514 Dewdney Trunk Rd.
• Mission Leisure Centre, 7650 Grand St.
Advance voting opportunities will be held Nov. 9 and Nov. 16 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. at the District of Mission municipal hall, 8645 Stave Lake St.
Special voting opportunities will be held Nov. 19 at the following locations and times. The only electors who may vote at these special voting opportunities are qualified resident or non-resident property electors of the District of Mission, who are residents or patients of, or workers at the respective facilities including, in the case of Pleasant View Home, residents or patients of, or workers at Pleasant View Home Apartments.
• Mission Memorial Hospital, 7324 Hurd St., 8:30 to 9:45 a.m.
• The Cedars, 7380 Hurd St., 10:15 to 11:30 a.m.
• Pleasant View Home, 7530 Hurd St., noon to 1:15 p.m.
• Carrington House Retirement Community, 32700 Seventh Ave., 2:15 to 3:45 p.m.
• Cedarbrook Chateau, 32331 Seventh Ave., 4:15 to 5:45 p.m.
• Welton Towers, 33214 Second Ave., 6:15 to 7:15 p.m.
For more information visit www.mission.ca