Don’t use bug spray on your pets

Editor, The Record:

Mission is under attack by ravenous mosquitoes right now. Many people may be tempted to use human bug control sprays on their pets unaware that they may actually be poisoning them. Products containing DEET have been designed to be used safely on humans, but they should never be applied to pets.

Animals, especially cats, will lick anything you put on them, thereby ingesting the poison directly. Please, never use any product intended for humans on your pet without first consulting your veterinarian.

Cathy Hamm

Mission