Name: Liam Buchanan
Sport: Skiing – Alpine
Zone Name: North West (Zone 7)
- Why are you committed to your sport?
- What are your goals for these Games and in sport?
Top 25 would be great.
- How did you train and prepare for the BC Winter Games?
I ski as much as possible and then ski some more.
- What are your other activities are you involved in (other sports, arts, volunteering)?
BMX biking, fishing, anything to do with boats.
- Why did you want to try out and qualify for the 2014 BC Winter Games?
I have been skiing since I was 2 – but being from the North West zone, I didn’t have to qualify because there aren’t too many of us.
- Who is your coach and what is the most important thing she/he has taught you?
Jan Wengelin is my coach, he has a great accent. He’s a great skier and fun to train with.
- Do you have a role model who has made an impact on your life (coach, teacher, family member, etc.)? If so, describe how they have impacted you.
Brad Spence seems like a pretty all around great guy, especially in how he had the kid as a sponsor, and I got to meet Mike Janyk at the Whistler Cup, which was really cool.
10. What do you consider to be your highest achievement (athletic, academic, or other)?
I can’t think of one, I just really love skiing.