Name: Marcs Athans
Sport: Skiing – Alpine
Zone Name: Thompson-Okanagan (Zone 2)
- Why are you committed to your sport?
It makes me feel good and I always want to do better. I make lots of great friends along the way
- What are your goals for these Games and in sport?
I want to win..Get a gold medal
- How did you train and prepare for the BC Winter Games?
Training every weekend since the mountain opened
- What are your other activities are you involved in (other sports, arts, volunteering)?
- Do you have any family members participating in these Games or who have participated in past BC Games or at national/international events? If yes, please provide details.
My Dad went to the 1984 Olympics for skiing. My Grandpa went to 2 Olympic for diving. I went to the Vernon 2012 winter games and the 2012 summer games for waterskiing
- Why did you want to try out and qualify for the 2014 BC Winter Games?
I want to be the best in BC and compete against all the other kids. I also love meeting new people and visiting different places.
- Who is your coach and what is the most important thing she/he has taught you?
Jorgen Anderson and Matt Holler. They are the best coaches, Fun and exciting but full of great info to help me get better. They believe in me.
- Do you have a role model who has made an impact on your life (coach, teacher, family member, etc.)? If so, describe how they have impacted you.
I want to be like my Dad and make the Canadian team and compete on the world Cup and at the Olympics
10. What do you consider to be your highest achievement (athletic, academic, or other)?
Winning recent zone race. Being National champion at waterski jumping and getting straight A’s at school