The Mission Downtown Business Association is holding a banner design competition. This is the first time the association has ever held a challenge like this.
According to the association’s press release they are calling “upon the wonderful artists in our community to submit designs (photographic, digital, artwork) which showcase Mission’s nature, beauty, culture and heritage.”
The theme for the banners can be heritage, Indigenous or nature.
“Time for our community to get their creative juices flowing,” said Joanna McBride, executive director.
• Submissions will be accepted from June 15 to Sept. 1, 2019.
• Only one entry per contestant.
• Identification including name, mailing address, email and phone number must be included with submission for consideration.
• All submissions must include or reflect elements of the chosen category.
• Only original designs – nothing previously published.
• The Mission Downtown Business Association logo will be added to the top of the artwork at the time of fabrication. Please keep that in mind when creating.
• All design entries must be vertically orientated.
• Visual area of each banner is 30” by 60”
All entries must be provided on memory stick or via file hosting services and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All files must include the entrant’s full name, the image number and the theme.
For more information, contact McBride at 604-826-7311.