A man with a history of sexually assaulting young girls has pleaded guilty to charges in Abbotsford from last year.
Danny Depew, 52, pleaded guilty on March 16 in Abbotsford provincial court to failing to comply with a prohibition order and telecommunicating to lure a child under 16.
He is next scheduled to appear in court April 20 for the presentation of a psychological report.
Depew was charged in Abbotsford last October.
Then, in December, he was one of eight men arrested in an online sexual exploitation investigation by Ontario police.
He was charged with three counts of luring a person under the age of 16 and one count of breaching his probation. Those charges are still making their way through the courts.
Depew was also the subject of previous public warnings in Calgary.
The Calgary Police Service first warned the public in December 2010 that Depew was being released from prison after serving a 5.5 year sentence for two counts of sexual assault and three counts of sexual exploitation.
Police at that time said he would be monitored under the high-risk offender program for two years.
Depew’s charges related to his having sex with three teenage girls in 2003 after he lured them to his home.
Calgary police again notified the public in May 2013 that Depew was being released into the community, this time after serving an 18-month sentence for breaching a peace bond.
They said his criminal history included convictions in Alberta for sexual assault, sexual exploitation of a person with a disability, assault, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, break-and-enter, and causing a disturbance.
He was again being monitored for two years.