Name: Jack Cormack Age: 13 Gender: Male
Sport: Skiing – Alpine
Hometown: Squamish Zone Name: Vancouver-Squamish (Zone 5)
1. Why are you committed to your sport?
I love to ski.
2. What are your goals for these Games and in sport?
My goal is to make the top ten.
3. How did you train and prepare for the BC Winter Games?
I train with Whistler Mountain Ski Club
4. What are your other activities are you involved in (other sports, arts, volunteering)?
I also like to play soccer and mountain bike.
5. Do you have any family members participating in these Games or who have participated in past BC Games or at national/international events? If yes, please provide details.
My Dad participated in the BC Games when he was a young ski racer and got a couple silver medals. My Dad also raced in the NorAm circuit as a young man.
7. Why did you want to try out and qualify for the 2014 BC Winter Games?
I love ski racing!
8. Who is your coach and what is the most important thing she/he has taught you?
My coach is Jordan Williams.
9. Do you have a role model who has made an impact on your life (coach, teacher, family member, etc.)? If so, describe how they have impacted you.
My Dad has helped me by sharing his experience in ski racing with me.
10. What do you consider to be your highest achievement (athletic, academic, or other)?
Winning the Squamish Youth Triathlon.