Name: Jared Perras Age: 13
Sport: Skiing – Alpine
Hometown: Campbell River Zone Name: Vancouver Island-Central Coast (Zone 6)
1. Why are you committed to your sport?
Because there is no point in going to big event like this and not being committed
2. What are your goals for these Games and in sport?
Do my best, the last few years for me haven’t been great and I’m trying to change that this year.
3. How did you train and prepare for the BC Winter Games?
What training? You need snow to train.
4. What are your other activities are you involved in (other sports, arts, volunteering)?
Soccer and basketball are the big two but there are many others
5. Do you have any family members participating in these Games or who have participated in past BC Games or at national/international events? If yes, please provide details.
My dad competed and coached in multiple Summer Games for water skiing. He also coached the national water skiing team for a while.
7. Why did you want to try out and qualify for the 2014 BC Winter Games?
For the experience of going to the Games
8. Who is your coach and what is the most important thing she/he has taught you?
My coaches name is Crystal, she has taught me how to ski at a higher level
9. Do you have a role model who has made an impact on your life (coach, teacher, family member, etc.)? If so, describe how they have impacted you.
Parents. Like I said, the last few years have not been my best and they are the main reason I’m still trying
10. What do you consider to be your highest achievement (athletic, academic, or other)?
Being asked to play for a high level soccer team as a starter